Not all writing takes place on paper

Not all writing takes place on paper
write to be remembered

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Platform of Philosophy

Every writer needs a platform--a direction--a purpose.  My platform is Philosophy. 

In the dictionary it states that Philosophy is:
     the branch of knowledge or academic study devoted to the systematic examination of basic concepts such as truth, existence, reality, causality, and freedom
Or:
     a precept, or set of precepts, beliefs, principles, or aims, underlying somebodys practice or conduct.

I am fascinated by truth, reality, freedom and both individual as well as societies belief system.  I am not an engineer, nor do I think like one.  Building and creating things with my hands, or taking things apart and putting them back together to figure out how they work--well let's just say it doesn't come naturally for me. 

However, I love dissecting how society works, how people choose to live their lives, and what lies at the center of everything--Truth.  I work hard at being open-minded and knowledgeable in order to discover the roots of ideas and emotions.  Philosophy embraces all my passions: knowledge, religion, politics, family, and normal everyday life.

The next few post will be excerpts of my book which contain some of my Philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment